Matheran is a quiet hill station located in the Sahyadri range and a popular getaway for the people of Pune and Mumbai. Book the Matheran Honeymoon Packages to spend your honeymoon in the scenic beauty of this laid back hill station. Matheran in the state of Maharashtra offers lush green landscape and hills which attracts a large number of tourists every year. It was discovered by Hugh Mallet, an Englishman in the 1850 and has developed ever since. Matheran means forest on top and in this place a unique feature is that vehicles are banned here. Only rickshaws and ponies are allowed. Visit this unique place with Matheran Honeymoon Packages to enjoy a beautiful honeymoon.
The majestic cliffs, lush vegetation, colonial architecture all add to the charm and beauty of this place. This hill station is well known for 'chikki' a peanut snack. Be sure to grab some when you take the Matheran Honeymoon Packages. Some of the honeymoon destinations or places of interest to the tourists are:
1. Charlotte Lake: Charlotte Lake is the primary source of water for Matheran. It is a popular tourist attraction and looks plentiful during the monsoons.
2. Echo Point: A major tourist attraction is the echo point. It provides a grand view of the surrounding areas. It is a popular tourist place and as the name suggests, it is well known for echo sounds. People come here to hear their echoes and to enjoy the spectacular views. Visit the Echo point when you book the Matheran Honeymoon Packages.
3. Louisa Point: Another well known point is the Louisa Point which offers magnificent views of the ruined forts of Prabal and Vishalgarh from here. Close to this point is the Lion's head point. Visit the Louisa point with Matheran Honeymoon Packages.
4. Monkey Point: Apart from offering mesmerizing views of the plains, Monkey point is famous for monkeys. Lots of naughty monkeys gather here amusing the tourists. Visit the Monkey point with Matheran Honeymoon Packages.
5. Sunset Point: This point provides a spectacular view of the sunset and attracts a lot of tourists for clicking pictures. From here you can see the Prabalgarh fort and the forests below. Do not miss the sunset point when you take the Matheran Honeymoon Packages. The sunset point is also called Porcupine Point.
6. Shivaji's Ladder: The steps way down from tree hill point is called Shivaji's ladder. This path leads down to the Matheran Valley and is surrounded by lush green forest. As the name suggests, this way was used by Shivaji Maharaj when he was on hunting trips. It is now a great trekking route for the adventure enthusiast. Take this path while visiting with the Matheran Honeymoon Packages.
7. Hart Point: Hart point offers majestic views of the plains and villages. It also offers views of the Western Ghats and the city of Mumbai. It is surrounded by dense forests and is a great way to be amidst nature in peaceful surroundings. Visit the Hart Point with Matheran Honeymoon Packages.
Matheran is an ideal place for your honeymoon, so book the Matheran Honeymoon Packages for an unforgettable holiday trip.
EliteHoneymoonPackages.com offers attractive Matheran honeymoon packages.
Book your package now and avail the best offer. Explore Matheran with the special honeymoon packages provide by EliteHoneymoonPackages.com